Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 11 - Nice: A hike above the city


Au Revoir, France! You have been everything I had hoped for and more. Four years of hearing about the wonders you contain and then finally getting to see them has resulted in one of the greatest experiences of my life.

And you did not disappoint for the last day here. I finally got to try escargot. Yes, that is the snail dish and it was one of the best meals I ever had. Afterwards, I cruised along the beach and stuck my feet into the Mediterranean. I also collected a few pebbles from the shore to keep as mementos. All in all, it was a day of relaxation here in Nice, and the perfect way to end the trip.

I plan to come back someday. Maybe visit the same places i got a chance to see these two weeks. But for now its time to go home. Right now, I'm sitting on my hotel room balcony saying my final goodbyes to the amazing and beautiful France.

-Alex Johnson

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment